100 Energy Way
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Kori Green recently joined the law firm of Cotten, Schmidt & Abbott, L.L.P. and is working in its Fort Worth, Texas office. Ms. Green graduated cum laude from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Science. Following her graduation at Texas Tech, she then worked as an assistant to Speaker James E. “Pete” Laney during the 76th Legislative session. Following her work at the Capitol, she earned her law degree from The University of Texas Law School. While attending law school, she worked as a clerk for Chief Justice Marilyn Aboussie of the Third Court of Appeals, and as an intern for Texas House of Representatives Committee on Education, chaired by the Honorable Paul Sadler.
Ms. Green’s practice areas include real estate and business transactions. Most recently, she has provided research and general pre-trial assistance in a products liability suit.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kori began her own successful business, Kori Green Designs, which she continues to run. In addition, she and her husband, Grammy-nominated country singer/songwriter Pat Green, have been actively involved in the community with various charities, including her role as Board Member for the Fort Worth Zoo, and her service on The Kupferle Health Board, which provides education and assistance for women’s health and breast cancer issues throughout Tarrant County. Kori and Pat recently founded the Pat Green Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to raising funds for the welfare and health of children.
Kori and Pat continue to live in Fort Worth, Texas with their two children, Kellis and Rainey.
- B.S. in Agricultural Communications, cum laude, Texas Tech University, 1997
- J.D., University of Texas Law School, 2002
HONORS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Gladney Center for Adoption: Friend of Adoption 2012
- Pat Green Foundation, Vice President
- Fort Worth Zoo, Board Member
- Kupferle Health Board Member
- Member of Shady Oaks Country Club
- After completing Law School, Mrs. Green began and developed Kori Green Jewelry, a business which she has created and built over the last 10 years.
- Texas Third Court of Appeals, Chief Justice Marilyn Abboussie, Clerk
- Honorable James E. Pete Laney, Speaker of the House, Research Assistant, 76th Legislative Session