100 Energy Way
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Ms. Pace has been an associate in the Fort Worth law firm of Cotten Schmidt & Abbott, LLP since May of 2016, and she is licensed to practice law in Texas and Alabama. She practices primarily in the areas of real estate transactions (residential and commercial), oil and gas law, estate planning and administration, business transactions, family law, and labor and employment law. She assists clients in developing estate and business plans; buying, selling and leasing residential, rural, and commercial properties; negotiating oil and gas leases and employment-related agreements; and evaluating various real estate and business issues involved in divorce matters.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2016, Ms. Pace practiced law with an oil and gas firm in Dallas, Texas where she represented business owners and high net-worth individuals in all aspects of oil and gas leasing and mineral ownership. Ms. Pace was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. She currently resides in Fort Worth with her husband, David.
- B.A. in English, cum laude, Birmingham-Southern College, 2008
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 2011
HONORS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy
YEAR BEGAN PRACTICING LAW
- State Bar of Alabama
- State Bar of Texas
- Business Law and Business Transactions
- Construction Law
- Employment and Labor
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Oil and Gas/Energy
- Real Estate
FEATURED ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Kristin L. Jeffreys, Pretrial Publicity: Empanelment of a Foreign Jury as an Alternative to a Change of Venue, 34 J. Trial Advoc. 221 (2010).
- Kristin L. Jeffreys, The Applicability of Safety-Valve Relief to a Section 3582(c)(2) Proceeding, 34 J. Trial Advoc. 445 (2010).
- Colonial Country Club
- Fort Worth Kappa Delta Alumnae Chapter