100 Energy Way
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Mr. Gordon has worked on an array of legal matters including personal injury and mass-tort litigation, commercial litigation, and corporate and transactional work. His civil litigation practice consists of complex and multi-party cases in the Texas and Federal Court systems, primarily in the areas of personal-injury defense, products liability, premises liability, mass-tort, business/commercial litigation, deceptive trade practices, and employment law. His clients include several Fortune 500 companies. He has significant experience with the Texas and Federal Multi-District Litigation (MDL) Courts that oversee asbestos litigation, as well as the Texas MDL Court that oversees silica litigation in Texas. He has managed large dockets involving hundreds of cases and thousands of plaintiffs, and he has been involved in trials in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Gordon’s transactional work has involved the formation, reorganization, and dissolution of various business organizations, the sales and purchases of assets and ownership interests, and the preparation and review of a wide variety of business and commercial contracts, including employment and sales contracts, non-competition agreements, leases, loan documentation, and deeds of trust in real estate matters. Mr. Gordon has also assisted entities in obtaining tax-exempt status as an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- B.B.A., Finance, summa cum laude, Texas Christian University, 1989
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1992
YEAR BEGAN PRACTICING LAW
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- In re E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., NO. 08-0625, SUPREME COURT OF TEXAS, 289 S.W.3d 861; 2009 Tex. LEXIS 465; 52 Tex. Sup. J. 1097, July 3, 2009, Opinion Delivered
- In re E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., NO. 09-08-318 CV, COURT OF APPEALS OF TEXAS, NINTH DISTRICT, BEAUMONT, 2008 Tex. App. LEXIS 5443, July 24, 2008, Opinion Delivered, Writ of mandamus granted In re E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., 2009 Tex. LEXIS 465 (Tex., July 3, 2009)
- Mendoza v. COMSAT Corp., No. 98-10838, UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FIFTH CIRCUIT, 201 F.3d 626; 2000 U.S. App. LEXIS 1324, February 3, 2000, Decided, Rehearing Denied April 12, 2000, Reported at: 2000 U.S. App. LEXIS 9563.
- Golden v. Daiwa Corp., Civil Action No. 3:96-CV-0776-L, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS, DALLAS DIVISION, 2000 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2660, March 3, 2000, Decided , March 3, 2000, Filed; March 6, 2000, Entered on Docket